TRANS*PARENT strives for the empowerment, social justice, promotion of rights and positive social changes for the benefit of trans men, women and other non-cis persons. The organisation was founded in Prague in spring 2015 by a group of trans activists in response to the urgent need to create a support space and change policies to promote the advancement of transgender equality. TRANS*PARENT thus works towards understanding and acceptance of trans and non-cis persons on both the social and legislative level.
WHAT WE DO:
- Create a safe space for transgender and non-cis persons to meet and share experience and mutual support
- Organize support groups for adults and teenagers and offer individual psychological, social and legal counselling free of charge
- Raise awareness regarding transgender issues in the form of discussions, workshops or happenings and by means of an online blog
- Work with media and the public towards creating a positive, realistic and unbiased representation of transgender persons and their life
- Open up a dialogue on burning topics related to trans issues, organising discussions, events and meetings both within the community and externally
- Create an active and collaborative community of non-cis persons regardless of their self-identification, supporting trans activism
- Plan to create work opportunities for transgender persons who struggle to find a job placement due to their identity-related situation
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN:
- We believe that gender diversity should form an integral element of each society and as such deserves to be supported, protected and celebrated
- We believe in the freedom of self-determination, we are opposed to fetishisation, pathologisation and treatment of transgender identity as a mental disorder
- We believe that trans and nocn-cis persons have the right to enjoy their personal, professional and social life free of violence, stigmatization, discrimination and unequal treatment
WHO WE ARE:
Main coordinator of Trans*parent's activities. A graduate of the English Department at Palacký University, he has been working as a freelance translator. Viktor is a long-term collaborator of other LGBT+ initiatives and cultural projects in the Czech Republic such as the Mezipatra Film Festival, Prague Pride and Jsme fér campaign. Viktor lived in Olomouc, Dublin, and Berlin before finding his home in Prague.
A student at the Charles University in Prague, has a passion for American culture and politics as well as literature by queer female authors – both modern and historical.
Damian is a capable creative mind, a trans activist and blogger from Slovakia, living and working in Prague. Damian graduated from Prague's FAMU and is an audio-visual professional, currently holding the position of a multimedia content producer at Czech Radio.
Facilitator of support groups for trans people and parents of trans kids. A grammar school teacher a mom looking after five kids, a psychoanalyst to be and owner of an IT business
Marie likes to write, translate, and edit literature, riot in the streets, meet at activist gatherings and contemplate. She has published a collection of poems, and also translated a book.
Filip, a facilitator of Trans*parent's adult and children support groups, is a kindergarten teacher, and an apt blogger. He has a passion for working with kids and young people.
Dorian, representing the non-binary aspect of Trans*parent has for over two years been a facilitator of Trans*parent's peer-to-peer support groups for aduts. They focus mainly on intesectional issues and inclusivity.
Rad Bandit has over ten years of experience working on projects related to social justice, poverty issues, and community development in the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic. Over the last three years, Rad has focused specifically on gender-specific and queer homelessness. Rad lived, worked and studied social work in the United Kingdom and studied Social Policy at FSV UK in Prague.
EVENTS AND MEET-UPS
TRANS*PARENT organises regular peer-to-peer support groups for trans and non-cis persons - for adults (in Czech), as well as creative workshops for teenagers (in Czech and English). For upcoming events including educational and awareness-raising programmes please check out our Calendar of Events - come and meet with us, or don't hesitate to contact to arrange a meeting!
We also offer a free counselling service to help trans persons with their transition, and in difficult family, social, and legal circumstances both in Czech and in English - contact us at poradna@transparentprague. cz or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
TRANS*PARENT is open to new members from among transgender, non-cis persons, their families, cis supporters friends who would like to work with towards the enhancement of the position of trans people in the Czech Republic. Our doors are open to all who would like to participate in our activities and develop our project. Become a member of TRANS*PARENT, contact us! - email@example.com
TRANS*PARENT is a non-for-profit organisation founded in 2015 in the Czech Republic by a group of trans activists in response to the need to change policies and support the advancement of transgender equality. You can help us on our way to fulfilling our mission by sending small donations. We greatly appreciate your support!
BIC code/SWIFT: FIOBCZPPXXX
Thank you ❤